Antibody Fragments Fab, scFv, VHH, bsAb and BiTE Expression and Purification
Antibody fragments represent modular building blocks for the development of larger antibody reagents and therapeutics. Increasingly, they are also directly used in therapeutic applications. Unlike human IgG monoclonals, which generally require expression in mammalian cells, human antibody fragments can be expressed in bacteria at high levels. This includes Fragment antigen-binding region (Fab region: VH-CH, VL-CL), single-chain variable fragment (scFv : VH-VL), single-domain fragments (VH, VL) and single-domain antibody (sdAb), such as VHH fragments, the first sdAb engineered from heavy-chain antibodies found in camelids. Oak Biosciences has both bacterial expression system and mammalian expression system for those fragments production.
Bispeciﬁc antibody (bsAb) is one kind of the next generation of antibody. The dual targeting is a particular concept linked with bsAbs, enabling them to target two different antigens on two different cells, two different antigens on the same cell, or two different epitopes on the same antigen. Chemical conjugation of two different monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), generation of a quadroma cell line (a hybrid hybridoma secreting a bsAb), and genetic engineering are the most routine methods used to produce the sAb.There are many kinds of bsAb formats. Single-chain variable fragment (scFv) based bsAb is the very common format. Bispecific T cell engager (BiTE®) antibody constructs comprise tandemly-arranged scFvs. One scFv binds the TCR CD3ε subunit and the other binds a tumor-associated surface antigen (TAA). Oak Biosciences has developed unique genetic engineering platforms to expression and purification of bsAb and BiTE.
Antibody fragments offer multiple advantages over full length monoclonal antibodies as drug carriers to tumors. They are able to provide greater tumor penetration due to their small size, low kidney uptake, rapid blood clearance, and a lesser negative response by human immune system.
Our services Provides two expression platforms:
2) Mammalian transient expression systems in CHO or HEK293 cells.
What We Offer:
1. Antibody Fragments (scFv, Fab, VHH, bsAb and BiTE)Produced from Synthetic DNA– This is the fastest route to construct antibody fragment. Oligonucleotides are first assembled in-vitro and then cloned into our in-house expression vectors. The scFv is then expressed in E. coli or a mammalian cell line. The turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.
2. Antibody Fragments (scFv, Fab, VHH, bsAb and BiTE) produced from monoclonal cell line – The customer provides the monoclonal hybridoma cells. The mRNA from the monoclonal will be cloned to create a cDNA vector from which the variable heavy (VH) and light (VL) chains are then subcloned into an expression vector.
3. Antibody Fragments (scFv, Fab, VHH, bsAb and BiTE) manufactured from accession numbers – The gene of the target protein is synthesized according to the accession number, cloned, expressed, purified.
- Codon optimization technology
- Seamless cloning technology
- Two expression systems (either bacterial induction expression system or mammalia transient expression system) evaluation available, and scale-up option
Client provides: Antibody sequence, plasmids containing coding sequence, or hybridoma cells (>1×10<sup>5</sup> cells, in liquid nitrogen or dry ice) with isotype or class information
Stage I: Variable Region (VH, VL) Sequencing or Gene Synthesis
Turnaround time: 5 days
Stage II: Bacterial expression vector or mammalian expression vector construction and sequence validation
Turnaround time: 5 days
Stage III: Transient expression or bacterial expression and affinity purification
Turnaround time: 1-2 weeks
1) Purified antibody fragments (scFv, Fab, VHH, bsAb and BiTE)
2) Certificate of Analysis (COA) data sheet
Antibody Fragments scFv, Fab, VHH, bsAb and BiTE Expression Services
|Antibody fragment antigen-binding region (Fab) expression in E.coli and affinity purification
|Antibody fragment antigen-binding region (Fab) expression in CHO cells or HEK293 cells and affinity purification
|Antibody single-chain variable fragment (scFv expression in E.coli and affinity purification
|Antibody single-chain variable fragment (scFv expression in CHO cells or HEK293 cells and affinity purification
|Single domain antibody fragment (VHH) expression in E.coli and affinity purification
|Single domain antibody fragment (VHH) expression in CHO cells or HEK293 cells and affinity purification
|Bispeciﬁc antibody (bsAb) expression in CHO cells or HEK293 cells and affinity purification
|Bispecific T cell engager (BiTE®) expression in CHO cells or HEK293 cells and affinity purification
Please fill the form below for a customized quotation or proposal!